Sunday, October 2, 2011

Last Night Out

Thursday was our last night on the road.  We spent it in Indianapolis and had dinner with Carolyn, Gloria, Ralph, Karen and Jeff.  We were so busy eating and talking that we forgot to take some photos.  How could I forget to take a photo?  I even set out the camera to snap away and still forgot.  But I did get hugs and kisses from all.

Some numbers from the trip:

1.  Approximately 6,500 total miles (too lazy to go outside and check odometer right now).

2.  4 cans of coffee.  Why do we still call them cans when Maxwell House comes in a plastic tub now?

3.  7 rolls of paper towels.  Not that we're that sloppy, it's just that Doug cleaned the windows every night before taking off on the road again.  I love those clean windows and thank him very much for doing it.

4.  30 nights on the road.

5.  16 states.

6.  Most paid for diesel - $4.19/gallon.  Total rip-off.  Advertised $3.99 on sign but because we did a "pay at the pump", it charged us more.

7.  Least paid for diesel - $3.59/gallon.

8.  6 hours - time I spent driving.  The rest of the driving was done by my better half.  I really appreciate the hours he put in driving.  More so than the clean windows (but it's close to a toss up).

9.  Countless dog walks.  The dogs tend to sleep all day as we're going down the road.  Therefore, when we get to our destination, they are antsy and need some exercise or they got nuts.  They really enjoy the walks...there are so many things to smell!

10.  Approximately 149 days until we leave for the next trip....Florida!


"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go.  I travel for travel's sake.  The great affair is to move."  ~Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment