Friday, August 27, 2010

Making a list and checking it twice

We leave in one week, so off I went today to buy a few "necessaries" for our MH.  I found the coolest space saving gadget.  A collapsible dish drainer!  I've seen collapsible colanders, mixing bowls, etc. but I had never seen a dish drainer.   Also got a set of measuring cups and measuring spoons.  I have these great visions of doing some real cooking on this trip now that we have an oven.  Sure expands meal choices as our previous "usuals" were tacos, spaghetti, burgers, steaks, or whatever we could cook on the cook top or grill.  Maybe I'll make something from one of my Paula Deen cook books (better add those to my pack list).

I also want to take a couple of potted plants from the patio.  I was thinking about these.  What do you think?


I especially want to take the bonsai palm.  It got 4 new fronds this summer and it's done really well.  Of course, I probably should have trimmed the new fronds to keep it a true bonsai.  The rose moss keeps blooming and the ivy is a no brainer.  Now all I need is a small box to keep them from tipping over in the storage compartment.

Doug hasn't asked yet, but I suspect he may want to take a few Texaco items.  We met a guy in Maine last time we were there who had an old gas station full of Texaco items.  Maybe that guy will want to buy something to add to his gas station.


No comments:

Post a Comment