Saturday, January 10, 2015

Kicking Back

I worked online Friday morning and then it was time to relax.  It was a bit windy so we decided to hang out here with the dogs.  This site is perfect for our dogs.  It's a pull-in spot, the front faces a pond and the dogs don't see people walking by with other dogs.  You hardly notice the neighbors on either side because of the landscaping.  I've only seen the people to our left two times and I've never seen the people to the right of us.



This morning we found some pin hole leaks in our sewer hose,  These hoses don't even last a year.  The sunlight degrades them.  Off we went to Camping World for a new one.  It was warmer today than yesterday but the wind was out of the northeast.  We hadn't been to the beach yet, so we packed a lunch and took the causeway out to Sanibel to look around.  I wanted to see the lighthouse, but the parking lot was full, so we drove by and turned around.  Sort of an odd lighthouse anyway.  It's metal and looks sort of like a water tower.  I didn't take this photo, but here it is.


Even though the weather wasn't that great today, it was still pretty crowded out there.  I guess because it's the weekend.  We headed back to the causeway where there is a large park and places to pull off.  We had lunch, Doug got a nap and I read for awhile.



It's been a great day.  Tomorrow the forecast is a high of 82 with winds 10-15 mph out of the ENE.  I see a beach day in my future.  For now, a coffee refill and back to doing laundry.






1 comment: