Sunday, January 18, 2015

SW Florida

Another week has gone by and I can hardly believe it.  I've been busy working, we've kicked back and relaxed and hit the beach a couple of times.

Last Sunday was nice enough that we went to the beach for a couple of hours.


It wasn't long after this photo when I turned around and here come the dark clouds.  We packed up and headed back to the RV park.  We got back right before the rain cut loose.  Doug laid down for a nap and I watched the rain.  It only rained for about 15 minutes and after it was done, I went outside with my book.  As the sun came out, I turned my head and look what what I saw!



I made a wish (well, actually two because it was a double rainbow) and went back to my book.

Because I usually start working around 5:30 am, I'm almost always done by noon.  Even though the RV park has free WI-FI and one of the repeaters is right in front of our site, it's not very dependable.  That's why I've been using our Virgin Mobile Hot Spot but it also gives me trouble unless I start early in the morning.  I know that Virgin Mobile uses the Sprint network, but I sure can't figure out why the connection with them gets spotty as the day goes on.

Monday through Friday, we stayed here at the site.  It's so nice to just sit outside and breathe the fresh air.



There always seems to be a bird sitting under the fountain.

This sign kind of freaked me out when we got here, but we haven't seen any gator nor any evidence of a gator.

I sure miss the open sky, over the water sunset, but we do see some clouds light up.

The hibiscus bushes are on all sides of our site.


One night this week I made a sandwich ring from Pillsbury crescent rolls.  It was an adaptation of a recipe that's been making the rounds on Facebook lately.  I modified it by using ham, hard salami, Swiss cheese, green pepper rings, thinly sliced red onion and sprinkled with pepper and garlic powder.  It was really good!

When we got this rig I wasn't sure how often I would really use an oven but it ends up that I use it quite a bit.

Yesterday was nice so we packed a lunch and headed out to the Sanibel Islands Causeway Park.  The beach is narrow there, but it's not crowded, there are a lot of birds, parking is easy and there's always a fisherman or two to watch.

This was a very large Great Blue Heron and he stood there for quite awhile.

Sanibel Causeway bridge.

It's cloudy this morning, but the weather forecast is for clearing this afternoon, and a high of 74 with winds NW of 10-20 mph.  That makes it time to pour a fresh cup of coffee and sit outside to enjoy this beautiful morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment