Sunday, September 19, 2010

Heading West

We left Vermont this morning for a very short drive across the border to Lake George, NY.  After 2 nights at sufferable campgrounds - one in New Hampshire and one in Vermont - we are at a beautiful park.  Actually, a resort style setting.

Now, I don't really require pools, game rooms, hot tubs, tennis courts, etc., but I really do like having a clean campground with decent size, level (or almost level) sites, a decent WIFI connection (free is best, but I'll gladly pay if the signal is strong and the speed is fast) and a laundry.  A good cable line-up is a plus, but we can do without the cable for awhile if we can get a local TV station on the old antenna to catch some news.  Needless to say, I am a happy camper again.

We stopped in Queensbury at a Hannaford grocery for a few items before heading to the campground.  (Yes, we got lost when we left the grocery...GPS unlogic again.)  Man, I love Hannaford and wish we had them back home.  They are an east coast chain and I have looked for them when we've searched for a grocery out here.  Great selection and their produce, meat and seafood departments are first-rate.  Today, I couldn't resist buying these cookies:


I mean, cookies from the Luna Rossa Bake Shop in Staten Island, NY, with the Italian flag on the package?   I had to buy them!  Luna Rossa means "red moon" in Italian and when I looked closer at the label, I finally noticed the red moon - a quarter moon at that - my favorite moon phase.  The cookies are very good.

Tonight we had a campfire and grilled some really delicious steaks.  Here are Doug and the dogs with the campfire:



The Tigers are on ESPN, Doug has a bag of roasted peanuts in his lap, and me...I'm ready for another cup of coffee...



No comments:

Post a Comment