Sunday, September 15, 2013

Kicking Back

Yesterday morning I headed to the Gulf Breeze Flea Market to buy some fresh produce and look for a windsock.  I bought peaches and cherry tomatoes but couldn't find a small flag or windsock.  On my way back, I stopped at a couple of tourist trap junk stores and still couldn't find one.  I'm going to keep looking.

We packed a lunch and headed out to the beach.  There were lots of paddle surfers there.



We had a nice lunch of ham sandwiches, cherry tomatoes and of course peaches.  The black flies were out in full force.  We moved closer to the water thinking that would help but after an hour, the flies were just too much.  We decided to pack up and go get some Off.  Of course, there are 3 cans of it already in the MH, we just had forgotten to put one in the beach bag.  So off we go to the Tom Thumb store to grab some Off and then back to the beach.  It wasn't to be.  The store was sold out of Off, the lady tells me, because the black flies are so bad at the beach.  Oh really, no kidding?

Okay, Plan B.  We drive west along SR 399, which runs alongside the Gulf.  It runs right through the Gulf Islands National Seashore. It was a beautiful drive and we spotted lots of beach areas to try another day.  Before we knew it, we were in Pensacola Beach.  A festival called Taste of the Beach was being held there and the pedestrian traffic was unreal.  We hit that festival last September when we were in this area.

We drove back to Navarre along US 98 and stopped at an antique mall.  A few things were interesting but I didn't buy anything.  When we got back to the MH, Doug took a nap and I sat outside reading.  There's a bit of barge traffic on the Sound.


Before I knew it, the sun was setting.


I just love the fact that I don't have leave our spot to watch either sunrise or sunset.  This place is a keeper and I know we will be back here.

Now it's Sunday morning.  Time for a Sunday breakfast with my favorite beverage, coffee, of course!


1 comment: