Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Day at the Beach

Today we hung out at the beach again.  We tried a different spot and it was heaven for awhile:


It was mostly us, just a few other people.  We even put the chairs in the water for a bit and sat there with our feet in the water and listened to the sound of the waves lapping.  Then the tide came in.  We kept moving closer and closer to shore.  By the time the water hit the previous sea grass that washed up, all these bugs came out.  They were every where.  I'm not sure what they were.  They didn't seem to bite, but they jumped. I don't think they were sand fleas, but perhaps they were.  When I Googled sand fleas, the results I got were of what the skin looks like if you get bit by them.

Well anyways, we moved having enjoyed 2 hours of mostly solitude.  When we went over to the main beach (where there were no jumpy bugs), it was a bit crowded, but not like it had been on the weekend:


For dinner tonight, I baked some of the fish that we had caught with Erol last week.  Susan and Erol gave us two packages of the fish that Susan had frozen.  I think what I baked tonight was the mahi-mahi.  I sort of did the fish like Susan had prepared it for us.  Salt, pepper, chopped green onion, a squeeze of lemon juice, some white wine and topped with tomato sauce.  Here it is when it came out of the oven:


This was the first time we have used the oven in the motor home.  I think the temperature is off a bit but I will bring a hanging thermometer the next time we travel so we can test it.  Anyways, Doug said it was great and I loved it as well.  We had broccoli and rice along with the fish:


The only thing to top off this day is to have a brownie and (what else?) a cup of coffee.






No comments:

Post a Comment