Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bahia Honda State Park

On Saturday, we headed south for the beach at Bahia Honda State Park.  We sat in two different places.  The first one is at the southern end of the park.  This stretch of beach is left natural and there were many shore birds.



Next, we moved to Sandspur Beach.  The sand is sugary and the water is crystal clear.



Last night, we had a beautiful sunset.




After it got dark, I took the dogs for a walk.  As we were headed back to the MH, I notice something lit up in the sky.  As I approached the docks, I saw a group of people gathered and they were launching Chinese Lanterns.

Lighting the lantern

Waiting for it to fill with hot air

Away she goes

High in the night sky

I was amazed at how long you could see them as they floated away.  I've never seen these before and they were beautiful to watch.   It was a perfect ending to a perfect day!

"I had some dreams, they were clouds in my coffee."  ~ Carly Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment