Sunday, March 4, 2012

Windy days in Florida

We left Jacksonville yesterday intending to head to Cedar Key.  There was a problem with our reservation so we went with Plan B and headed to Port Richey.  We took state roads down to Gainesville and then got on 75.  A few miles down the road, Doug asked if I would drive for a bit and of course, I said yes.  When I headed out of the rest area, I realized how strong the wind was.  I tried, I really tried, but it was too windy for me to feel comfortable driving so we switched off again.

We arrived at Suncoast RV Park where we had stayed last March.  We had a great spot last year.  The one this year is a little tight, but we love this park.  It has been here awhile, but the roads are paved, they have fast and free WI-FI, cable TV, a nice pool, a laundry and it is on 19 making it convenient to lots of things.

It is windier here today than yesterday.  The winds are blowing from the NNW at 30 mph with gusts to 35-40.  I just took the dogs out and there are small limbs and palm fronds down everywhere, tons of large pine cones are on the ground, and a large umbrella is blown over into the pool.  Things keep dropping off the trees near us and onto our roof, making me jump every time.

It appears that the rain is over, but it will stay windy and a bit cool with highs in the low 60's.  The rest of the week will be in the 70's and 80's.  Today will be a good day to just sit, read and take the dogs for walks.


“I wake up some mornings and sit and have my coffee and look out at my beautiful garden, and I go, ‘Remember how good this is. Because you can lose it.’ ” - Jim Carrey
Good point,  Jim Carrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment