Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Everglades - Part 2

Friday morning, Erol headed home and we headed out with Larry on his boat to do a few more hours of fishing. We caught a few more Spotted Seatrout and 2 of them were keepers.  I also snagged a Ladyfish on her side (don't ask me how I did that) and I caught a fish that Larry thought was a Toadfish.  It was an ugly fish and it did look exactly like a toad.

This area of the Everglades reminded me of the Florida keys.  I guess it was the laid back attitude and the mangroves.  I know that we'll be back there some day.

This is sunset at Larry and Robin's place:


This is a beautiful cactus that only bloomed at night.  I was sorry that I didn't get up in the middle of the night to see it. 


Thank you very much Robin, Larry, Erol and Derrick for showing us such a great time.  We will always remember our Everglades experience.

Friday afternoon we drove to Delray Beach to Susan and Erol's house.  They took us out to dinner to a great Turkish restaurant.  We were entertained by a belly dancer.



After dinner we had baklava and Turkish coffee.


We caught up on our sleep Friday night.  On Saturday, Susan, Erol, Doug and I went to lunch and then got the tour of their  new rug shop Diamondantiqueorientalrugs.com  They sell antique rugs and also do repair and cleaning.  Here's a photo of one my favorite rugs in the shop.


They gave us two pillow covers that are hand stitched.  Thank you so much!  They will look beautiful on our couch at home.


Last night, Susan prepared the rest of the Spotted Seatrout that we brought back from the Everglades.  This time we had it baked with lemon pepper and it was delicious!  After desert of Mango Key Lime Pie, we headed to bed.

I got another good night's sleep.  The fresh, Florida air is great for that.  Now what will today hold for us?  I think I'll ponder that over another cup of coffee.


1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures that go along with your story. I can see the two of you in my mind having a great time with your friends and seeing wonderful sights. Those pillows are fantastic. I am now going to look up "ladyfish & toadfish" to see what they look like. As always, be safe and have a great time.

    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete